It’s not difficult to attract a man in the beginning. The relationship starts fantastic. Everyone goes through the harmony of the honeymoon phase with the romance, laughter, and good times. But what happens when that fades. When the two of you settle in, you become comfortable and familiar, and the attention he used to shower you with turns into a trickle.
It’s difficult to know how to catch his attention when he finds out that you’re not the goddess that he put up on the pedestal. Who is? But you are pretty fantastic. It’s just a matter of showing him that he missed what you truly have to offer.
How to Attract Your Boyfriend’s Attention
A man can have the attention span of a child in some instances. And if you don’t keep things exciting and interesting, you lose it. One thing to do is to stop trying to impress him and just be yourself. Show him that you are a self-confident, exciting woman. That in itself is sexy. Here are some ways you can gain your boyfriend’s interest again.
- Try to find out what turns him on, what he deems affectionate. If he finds being validated as affection, then do that for him. Some men need to be verbally praised. They need to be told that they are loved, cared for and valued. They need to understand that the things that they do are appreciated, that there’s a certain level of respect. When they feel this love, they tend to return those feelings on a deeper level back to you. His needs are being met, and he will want to meet your needs just as much.
- Allow him to have his moments. Everyone needs time on their own to do activities they enjoy on their own, separate from you. It’s important to give each other space throughout the week when you have individual fun going out with friends or spending time alone. Maintaining friendships outside your relationship is important. Too often couples tend to spend all of their time together ultimately losing contact with their friends. This is bad when and if the relationship goes south and you need these people for support. Use resources, https://getexbackforgood.com/how-to-ignore-your-boyfriend-to-teach-him-a-lesson/ to guide you on ways to keep him interested without losing your sense of self.
- No man likes it when his girlfriend acts like his mom. Most men like help in certain situations and need to be guided through specific things. But you don’t want to come across as someone bossy, least of all a nag. It’s okay to request someone, perhaps ask them two times. But getting agitated and making a deal of it is going to bring resentment and him not wanting to do it at all. The way to his heart and getting something accomplished is through positivity.
- Try to learn some things that he has an interest in and truly try to enjoy doing some of them. We’re all into different hobbies which is part of what adds excitement for a couple. The problem is when you always seem to do what you want to do and never enjoy anything he has an interest in. He’s going to want the remote to watch some things that he likes as opposed to the romance movies that you force him to endure. Sometimes sit through the sports that he wants to see and maybe over time you might come to enjoy game day with him.
- Trying to force someone into a commitment before they’re ready is truly off-putting. A man is going to back off of a relationship a little at a time if he’s not ready for anything so serious just yet. If you’ve been dating for more than a year, and he has made no effort to say anything, you could casually mention it to see how he reacts. But if he flounders, it’s good to let it go. If this is something that you seriously want, and he’s not into, he may not be right for you. Otherwise, you’ll need to wait it out.
If you’ve only been dating a few months and you’re trying for a ring, you’re pushing too hard too soon. You may end up losing the relationship if you continue to go after a commitment at this stage. If you merely focus on having a happy time together, he’ll come to a point where he wants something more all on his own. You won’t need to force it. Allow things to flow easily.
Any relationship is work. This is true even after you have the ring. It doesn’t stop after you’re married. Keeping his attention and his keeping yours will always be something you have to strive for. But when you love each other, that’s what you do.