It’s extremely exciting to move to a new house, but it’s also overwhelming. With all the packing and organizing that need to be done, it’s difficult to line everything up and know where to start. You have a house to pack and while you don’t think you have much to do, you will uncover about ten years worth of stuff that you didn’t know you had!
It’s important that you get this move right, however, as without a smooth move you introduce a whole host of stress to your life that you just don’t need to worry about!
Let’s take a look at some last minute tips that you need for your move to be as stress-free as possible.
- Organize the move as early as possible. You have a lot of things to do and it’s so easy to forget what needs to get done. You need to make sure that you don’t miss anything out, from the boxes that need to be ordered to the custom tape that you can get made to show the boxes are fragile or for a specific area. It can be easy to forget the things that you need to do, which is why lists are your friend here!
- If you are moving to a house with new housemates, make sure that you coordinate with them before you arrive. You don’t want to bring your toaster if they have one, for example. The best thing about this is that you can make sure that you sell or donate anything that you don’t need, which lets you earn a little cash from your stuff before you move.
- If you are moving by yourself, make a list of the things that you do need. You don’t want to find yourself without anything when you get to the new house!
- Always choose your moving date wisely. You want to ensure that you have enough time to unpack in the new house, which is why Fridays are so popular for moving! You also want to ensure that you choose a day that’s cheapest for the removal team. Coordinate your utilities being switched on with your moving date so that you get it right the first time and don’t have to sit around in the cold waiting for heating.
- Make sure that you pick a great removals company who has excellent reviews. It makes a big difference to your move when you have a reliable removals company on your side.
- Always declutter before you start packing. There is going to be a lot of rubbish here, and you want to make sure that this is all taken away so that you can clearly pack whatever is left. Efficiency is key for this move!
- Get the house you leave professionally cleaned before you go so that you don’t have to do it. It’s also the best way to get your tenancy deposit back if you’ve been renting. When the professionals clean the place, you can bet that they will do the best possible job!
Remember when you are moving into a new build like Simply Living Homes, that you’re moving into a perfect home – all you really need is some furniture. So you don’t need to worry about renovation or deep cleaning budgets!