If you have never experienced a Chinese deep tissue massage before then you are seriously missing out! This is a fantastic treatment. Not only is it extremely relaxing but it provides a whole host of benefits as well. In this blog post, we are going to reveal everything you need to know about this treatment, including details on whether it is right for you and what sort of benefits you can expect.
What Is a Deep Tissue Massage?
It is all in the name really. This type of massage concentrates on the muscle tissue’s deeper layers. The technique involved ensures that the deep sections of thick muscles are reachable. The masseuse will use deep muscle friction and compression along the muscle grain. The result of this is that the fibres of the muscle become unstuck. This allows the severely held tension points and toxins to be released. This also gets the oxygen and the blood circulating correctly.
Is a Deep Tissue Right for You?
Not all massages are suited to all people. So, what type of people, in particular, would benefit from a deep tissue massage the most? This would be those who are suffering from muscle tension. In fact, all people can find benefits from this type of massage apart from the following…
- Those with skin diseases, rashes or open wounds that are infected
- Pregnant women (unless approved by a doctor and carried out by a massage therapist with training in pregnant massages)
- Someone who has just had surgery
- Individuals prone to blood clots
- Someone who has just had radiation or chemotherapy (unless recommended by the doctor)
- People with osteoporosis should also seek approval from their doctor beforehand as well
What Are the Benefits of a Deep Tissue Massage?
As stated earlier, there are many advantages associated with this type of deep tissue massage, so let’s reveal what these are…
- Motion and flexibility improved – You flexibility will improve because this type of tissue helps to smooth out the scar tissue as well as shortened muscles and trigger points.
- Risk of injury reduced – This massage is critical for healing. Without a deep tissue massage, your muscles are going to be tense and this increases the risk of injury.
- Enhances the toxin elimination process – When you exercise frequently your muscles tighten. This leads to the build-up of toxins such as uric acid and lactic acid. This can be detrimental because it restricts the flow of blood in the body. A deep tissue massage helps to eliminate this issue by getting rid of those toxins.
- Recovery time reduced – Your body recovers faster because this type of massage helps when getting rid of waste.
- Circulation and oxygenation improved – Deep tissue massages aid in breathing and making your muscles more flexible because the compression action expels toxins whilst the releasing motion absorbs the oxygen and blood.
- Pain diminished – Pain is reduced because spasms and cramps are diminished.
- Motor control improved – Finally, a deep tissue massage will help to connect the body and the mind. This, in turn, enhances the precision of an individual’s motor control.
Where Should You Get a Deep Tissue Massage?
You need to take the time to find the best spa for a deep tissue massage. If you don’t, you could end up suffering an injury because the massage has not been performed properly. If this were to happen, you would need a company like Hupy and Abraham to sue the spa in question for not training their staff or being negligent in another way. It is best to avoid this altogether, which is why you should take the time to research spas in your local area, ensuring they have a good level of experience and a good reputation in the industry too.
As you can see, there are a lot of benefits that are associated with having a deep tissue massage. However, this type of Chinese massage is not for everyone, and so you do need to consider the points that have been discussed in this blog post carefully, and you need to take the time to find the right spa for you as well.